Centre bosses at The Beacon, Eastbourne are providing small business owners, entrepreneurs, and anyone who has ever wanted to have a presence in a busy shopping destination, the chance to win space at The Beacon – completely free.
The Beacon spans over 600,000 square feet of retail, food and leisure space in the heart of Eastbourne Town Centre. The Centre boasts over 90 shops and eateries with a mix of independent stores and recognised high street brands, all under one roof. Primark, Boots, M&S and Cineworld anchor the scheme with other noted brands including H&M, Next, Nando’s, FatFace, Schuh plus a brand new Rolex showroom in the new W.Bruford store.
The last year has seen the centre continue to enhance its retailer and leisure choice with the introduction of nine new retail and leisure tenants with further openings joining the retail line-up over the coming months.
To be in with a chance of winning retail space in the Centre for free, applicants can simply enter here, and we’ll do the rest!
Shortlisted entrants will then be asked to come and pitch their business to a panel from The Beacon, and the winners announced shortly after.
For more information, check out our FAQ’s below.
1. Who can enter Grow at The Beacon?
The competition is open to anyone from the Sussex/ Kent area, aged 18 or over.
2. What do I have to do to enter?
You will need to complete the online entry form which can be found here.
3. What information is needed for my entry?
The below information will be required for your application:
- Contact details
- Business name
- Description of the business, its competitors, customers, operating locations
- Current marketing plans (if applicable).
- Potential retail space design
- An idea on what you think your business would bring to The Beacon and Eastbourne.
- Outline why The Beacon is the ideal retail destination for you and your business.
- A short mobile video clip, showing us what you are about
- Any additional documentation or imagery you may want to provide
4. Can I start my online entry and then go back and finish it off on another day?
No. You will need to complete your entry in one session.
5. Is there judging criteria?
No. All we’re looking for are innovative, interesting ideas from entrepreneurial individuals or organisations that want to take their businesses to the next level or get a great idea they have off the ground! It could be a brand-new restaurant concept, an online retail business that would like to take its first steps in having a physical presence in a shopping centre or just a really exciting concept that needs space to get it off the ground. We’re open to anything!
6. When will I know if I’ve been successful?
If you have been successful you will be contacted via email after the closing date (14th February 2020), confirming you have been shortlisted and through to the next stage.
7. What happens if I’m shortlisted?
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to The Beacon to meet with a panel of judges to present your business or business idea.
8. What can I win?
Retail space in The Beacon free of charge for an agreed period of time between yourself and the landlord, Legal and General.
9. When will I get the prize?
We will want you to take the retail space from Spring 2020.
10. What are the terms and conditions of the prize?
Terms and conditions for Grow at The Beacon can be found here.